The physician–affected person relationship is fraught with danger. Sufferers could also be in danger from a health care provider who misuses their place of authority, or is unclear the place the suitable boundaries lie. Medical doctors danger disciplinary or legal proceedings when this occurs. This e-book goals to deal with these dangers, to help clinicians of their every day relationships with sufferers, and to enhance affected person security.
The authors study the moral rules and the way these could also be taught; prevalence of abuse; regulation and sanctions; administration and governance; remediation; and the roles of the completely different organisations which may be concerned, such because the Basic Medical Council and medical safety societies.
- Sensible information to assist clinicians keep away from boundary violations and enhance affected person security.
- Knowledgeable contributions from a variety of execs.
- Particular concentrate on abuse by nurses, psychotherapists, sexual therapists and gynaecologists.
- Extensively illustrated with case examples.
- Consists of skilled pointers.
A multidisciplinary strategy makes this e-book helpful for all docs and medical trainees, particularly normal practitioners and gynaecologists, in addition to all psychological well being professionals, nurses, social staff and their academics and college students. Well being service managers and regulators, and their authorized advisers, may even discover this indispensable.