William R. Miller, Kathleen M. Carroll
Whereas data on substance abuse and addictions is increasing quickly, scientific apply nonetheless lags behind. This e-book brings collectively main specialists to explain what remedy and prevention would seem like if it have been based mostly on one of the best science accessible. The amount incorporates developmental, neurobiological, genetic, behavioral, and social–environmental views. Tightly edited chapters summarize present considering on the character and causes of alcohol and different drug issues; talk about what works on the particular person, household, and societal ranges; and supply strong ideas for creating simpler remedies and providers.
Daniel Le Grange, James Lock
Bringing collectively main authorities, this complete quantity integrates the perfect present data and therapy approaches for consuming problems in youngsters and adolescents. The e-book reveals how anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and different problems current otherwise developmentally and explains their doubtlessly far-reaching impression on psychological, bodily, and neurobiological improvement. It gives pointers for developmentally sound evaluation and analysis, with consideration to evaluation challenges distinctive to this inhabitants. Detailed descriptions of evidence-based therapies are illustrated with vivid case examples. Promising instructions in prevention are additionally addressed. A particular chapter gives a father or mother’s perspective on household therapy.
Robert L. Leahy, Stephen J. F. Holland, Lata K. McGinn
This extensively used e-book is full of indispensable instruments for treating the most typical scientific issues encountered in outpatient psychological well being apply. Chapters present primary data on despair and the six main anxiousness issues; step-by-step directions for evidence-based evaluation and intervention; illustrative case examples; and sensible steering for writing reviews and coping with third-party payers. In a handy large-size format, the e-book options 74 reproducible consumer handouts, homework sheets, and therapist kinds for evaluation and report retaining. The CD-ROM allows clinicians to quickly generate individualized therapy plans, print additional copies of the kinds, and discover data on continuously prescribed drugs. New to This Version *The newest analysis on every dysfunction and its therapy. *Revolutionary methods that draw on cognitive, behavioral, and mindfulness- and acceptance-based approaches. *Two chapters providing expanded descriptions of primary behavioral and cognitive methods. *Greater than half of the 74 reproducibles are completely new.
John Geddes, Jonathan Price, Rebecca McKnight
Psychiatry introduces drugs college students to the topic in a concise, modern and memorable method. Its patient-centred strategy blends a dialogue of the theoretical foundation of various psychiatric problems with a proof of the administration of those problems in on a regular basis medical apply, utilizing real case histories to position the content material in a sensible context. Recognizing that having optimistic interactions with a affected person is central to the availability of profitable psychiatric care, the e book contains steering on history-taking and evaluation, whereas additionally reflecting finest apply as set out by present medical tips. Having undergone an in depth revision for this fourth version, and overlaying all the key psychiatric situations in a logically-structured method, the e book is a useful information to all people who’re more likely to encounter these with psychiatric issues, together with college students of medication, healthcare, and social work. On-line Useful resource Centre The On-line Useful resource Centre to accompany Psychiatry options · Figures and tables from the e book in digital format · Self-assessment supplies for college students · Updates on the most recent medical tips
Getting an correct analysis is step one towards reclaiming your life from bipolar dysfunction. However in case you or somebody you like is fighting the frantic highs and crushing lows of this sickness, there are nonetheless many hurdles to surmount at residence, at work, and in day by day life. You want present info and sensible problem-solving recommendation you possibly can depend on. You’ve got come to the best place.
* How are you going to distinguish between early warning indicators of bipolar temper swings and regular ups and downs? * What drugs can be found, and what are their unwanted side effects? * What must you do when you end up escalating into mania or descending into despair? * How are you going to inform your coworkers about your sickness with out endangering your profession? * In case you have a member of the family with bipolar dysfunction, how are you going to present constructive assist and help? Trusted authority Dr. David J. Miklowitz provides straight discuss, true tales, and confirmed methods that may show you how to obtain better stability and free your self from out-of-control moods. The up to date second version of this bestselling information has the most recent info on drugs and remedy, an expanded dialogue of parenting points for bipolar adults, and a brand new chapter, “For Girls Solely.”
Immerse your self within the matter of communication within the office with an fascinating dialog in regards to the communication calls for of at this time’s nursing observe! Communication in Nursing, eighth Version adopts a uniquely sensible and private method, offering in depth examples, workout routines, and strategies that provide help to perceive vital ideas and apply communication expertise in a wide range of scientific settings. With its conversational tone, this relatable textual content takes you past concept to indicate you find out how to use communication as a instrument to restrict stress in your nursing observe. A brand new Lively Studying characteristic that promotes goal-directed studying, and extra QSEN workout routines spotlight the significance of assertive communication in selling high quality, protected take care of purchasers — all in an easy-to-read journal structure.
QSEN preface and workout routines stress how communication impacts security and high quality of care.
- Moments of Connection bins spotlight helpful outcomes of profitable communication and supply concrete examples of how communication strategies work.
- “Reflections on…” bins present considerate abstract workout routines on the finish of every chapter that provide you with a selected process that can assist you combine chapter materials into the broader scope of nursing observe.
- Wit & Knowledge bins current chosen verses and quotations related to chapter matters, including curiosity and humor. These bins hold your consideration by offering moments of aid from critical matters and “a-ha” moments when concept turns into linked to observe.
- Workout routines all through every chapter provide help to grasp chapter strategies and strengthen your communication expertise.
- NEW! Lively Studying characteristic in each chapter promotes energetic, goal-directed studying.
- NEW! Workout routines in every chapter, together with reflective journaling, remediation, on-line and group actions, and dialogue matters, assist facilitate varied studying varieties.
- NEW and UPDATED! Further QSEN workout routines and an up to date QSEN preface spotlight the significance of assertive communication in selling high quality, protected take care of purchasers.
- NEW! Discusses the significance of interprofessional training and communication within the healthcare setting.
- NEW! Addresses the significance of “presence” in nursing — being current for purchasers, households, colleagues, and self.
- NEW! New content material on wholesome grief and the problems of demise denial and demise phobia and skilled boundaries associated to social media.
- NEW! Protection of the most present analysis in regards to the significance of self-care.
- NEW! Explains the significance of the idea of “the pause” in communication so that you higher perceive how and when to make use of pauses.
A revised, up to date version of the bestselling nursing textual content selling constructive interpersonal relationships.
The newest version of the ever-popular Affected person and Individual stays an authoritative information to the apply and concept of growing interpersonal expertise in nursing.
This well-known Elsevier nursing textual content has been totally revised and up to date with new content material and the newest analysis proof, together with an elevated concentrate on empathy.
The title of this important communication textual content displays its key level – that sufferers ought to be handled as individuals – an idea central to the availability of high quality nursing care.
Affected person and Individual, fifth version systematically addresses the theoretical, sensible and private dimensions of referring to sufferers, and offers tips for figuring out when and methods to act.
Sustaining the e-book’s sensible, utilized focus, nurse and tutorial Jane Stein-Parbury has included real-life tales to help and illustrate theoretical data.
There are additionally over 50 studying actions to assist develop the abilities and ideas mentioned.
- A revised chapter on contemplating tradition displays up to date excited about tradition and well being, specializing in the conflict of cultural values between healthcare organisations and sufferers.
- A revised chapter on difficult interpersonal encounters with sufferers addresses the more and more reported subject of affected person anger and aggression, taking a look at how nurses can strategy responsive and assertive interpersonal talent improvement to greatest resolve difficult negotiations.
- Elevated dialogue of empathy all through the textual content.
- Key ideas and analysis highlights are included in every chapter so as to add depth and context.
Norman L. Keltner, Debbie Steele
Study the therapeutic abilities you should succeed within the nurse’s function in psychiatric care! Psychiatric Nursing, seventh Version makes use of a sensible method to psychotherapeutic administration that clearly explains how one can handle and deal with people with psychiatric issues. It emphasizes the nurse’s three major instruments: you and your relationship with sufferers, drugs, and the atmosphere. This version provides a brand new chapter on forensics together with protection of the most recent developments and coverings. Written by educators Norman Keltner and Debbie Steele, this textual content offers a stable, real-world basis for the apply of secure and efficient psychiatric nursing care.
- Distinctive! A sensible, three-pronged method to psychotherapeutic administration consists of: 1) the therapeutic nurse-patient relationship, 2) psychopharmacology, and three) milieu administration.
- Distinctive! Norm’s Notes provide useful suggestions from the lead writer, Norman Keltner, originally of every chapter, making it simpler to grasp troublesome subjects.
- Nursing care plans spotlight the nurse’s function in psychiatric care, emphasizing evaluation, planning, nursing diagnoses, implementation, and analysis for particular issues.
- Case research depict psychiatric issues and present the event of efficient nursing care methods.
- Distinctive! Placing It All Collectively summaries are supplied on the finish of every psychopathology chapter.
- Scientific examples from the authors’ personal experiences illustrate ideas with real-life medical conditions.
- Research Notes summarize every chapter’s necessary content material.
- Studying goals originally of every chapter preview the necessary rules to observe.
- Essential considering questions enable you to develop medical reasoning abilities.
- Household Points containers spotlight the problems that households should confront when a member suffers from psychological sickness.
- Studying assets on the Evolve companion web site embrace video lectures, psychotropic drug monographs, and NCLEX® exam-style evaluation questions.
- Affected person and Household Training containers spotlight data that the nurse ought to present to sufferers and households.
- A glossary defines key phrases, offering a useful reference in the back of the e book.
- NEW! DSM-5 data is built-in all through the textual content, together with up to date content material and NANDA content material.
- NEW! Survivors of Violence and Trauma chapter focuses on psychiatric remedy for people with psychological sickness in intercourse trafficking and forensic environments, together with the social implications for people, households, and communities.
- NEW! Integration of QSEN competencies highlights the competencies related to psychiatric nursing care comparable to security, communication, evidence-based apply and others.
- NEW! Extra NCLEX® examination-style evaluation questions on the Evolve companion web site cowl ideas prone to seem on class assessments and the NCLEX examination.
Elizabeth C. Arnold, Kathleen Underman Boggs
Efficient communication with purchasers, households, colleagues begins right here! With Interpersonal Relationships: Skilled Communication Expertise for Nurses, seventh Version, you’ll see how good communication expertise can result in attaining remedy targets in well being care. Clear tips present how one can improve the nurse-client relationship by way of confirmed communication methods in addition to ideas drawn from nursing, psychology, and associated theoretical frameworks. And also you’ll see the way to apply concept to real-life follow with case research, interactive workouts, and evidence-based follow research. A two-time winner of the AJN E-book of the Yr award, this ebook is up to date to emphasise interdisciplinary communication and QSEN competencies. From skilled nursing educators Elizabeth Arnold and Kathleen Underman Boggs, this complete, market-leading textual content is unmatched for serving to nurses develop efficient communication expertise!
- Interactive workouts provide the chance to follow, observe, and critically consider your skilled communication expertise in a secure studying atmosphere.
- Sensible tips describe the way to modify communications methods for varied populations and conditions together with kids, the aged, finish of life, purchasers with particular wants, well being educating, stress, disaster, colleagues.
- Case examples allow you to develop empathy for purchasers’ views and desires.
- Nursing, behavioral, developmental, household, and communication theories present an important basis and a theoretical perspective for efficient communication.
- Studying goals, chapter overviews, and an in depth glossary focus your examine and allow you to soak up and retain key content material.
- NEW! A larger emphasis on communication, interdisciplinary concept, and interprofessionalism features a give attention to the nursing paradigm, nursing self-discipline, and methods of figuring out.
- NEW! Concentrate on QSEN competencies displays present considering on know-how, security, and evidence-based follow, particularly as they relate to communication in nursing.
- NEW! Dialogue questions on the finish of every chapter encourage important considering.
- NEW! Readability and Security in Communication chapter addresses subjects similar to huddles, rounds, handoffs, SBAR, and different types of communication in well being care.
Patt Denning, Jeannie Little, Adina Glickman
Twelve-step packages that insist on abstinence are useful to many–but what in regards to the hundreds of thousands of People who attempt to stop and fail, simply need to lower down, or want to work towards sobriety progressively? This groundbreaking e-book presents the Hurt Discount method, a robust different to conventional remedy that helps customers set and meet their very own targets for gaining management over ingesting and medicines. The skilled, empathic authors information readers to determine which features of their very own habits could also be dangerous, what they want to change, and put their intentions into motion whereas additionally coping with issues that stand in the way in which, reminiscent of melancholy, stress, and relationship conflicts. Primarily based on stable science and 40+ years of mixed scientific expertise, the e-book is filled with self-discovery instruments, reality sheets, and private accounts. It places the reader within the driver’s seat with a brand new and empowering roadmap for change.
Winner–American Journal of Nursing Guide of the Yr Award