“The handbook is a powerful assortment of analysis research and theories offered by educated contributors on life-span improvement from conception to outdated age.”–Anthropology and Ageing Quarterly
The doubling of our common life span because the flip of the 20th century is taken into account by many students to be one of the crucial vital modifications in human existence. This definitive textual content is the one quantity to totally handle, by means of a multidisciplinary perspective, the organic, cognitive, and psychological improvement that happens from infancy by means of outdated age, and the way the sociocultural and institutional components interface with these modifications.
Edited by main analysis students within the discipline of life-span improvement, the amount additionally contains contributions of specialists in behavioral genetics, socioemotional selectivity idea, neuroscience, ecological fashions, and extra. It examines the dynamics of shut relationships and casual ties among the many aged inhabitants, child-parent attachment relationships as a life-span phenomenon, developmental duties throughout the lifespan, continuity and discontinuity in temperament and persona, the sociocultural context of cognition throughout the life span, and variability in approaches to social downside fixing from early to later life. Given the variety of current demographic shifts, it additionally explores points associated to fertility, life expectancy, environmental contexts, expertise, immigration, and public coverage.
- Integrates the total life span from infancy by means of outdated age in every chapter
- Considers multidisciplinary views that handle private relationships, cognitive improvement, and social, emotional, and bodily well being throughout the life span
- Situates life-span improvement in ecological contexts (e.g., socioeconomic, neighborhood, and immigration standing)
- Offers a concise however thorough useful resource for graduate seminars in life-span-related research
- Highlights future points in all areas of life-span examine