Python for Knowledge Evaluation is anxious with the nuts and bolts of manipulating, processing, cleansing, and crunching information in Python. It’s also a sensible, trendy introduction to scientific computing in Python, tailor-made for data-intensive purposes. This can be a guide concerning the elements of the Python language and libraries you’ll have to successfully resolve a broad set of information evaluation issues. This guide just isn’t an exposition on analytical strategies utilizing Python because the implementation language.
Written by Wes McKinney, the primary writer of the pandas library, this hands-on guide is full of sensible circumstances research. It’s excellent for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to scientific computing.
- Use the IPython interactive shell as your main growth surroundings
- Study primary and superior NumPy (Numerical Python) options
- Get began with information evaluation instruments within the pandas library
- Use high-performance instruments to load, clear, remodel, merge, and reshape information
- Create scatter plots and static or interactive visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, cube, and summarize datasets
- Measure information by deadlines, whether or not it’s particular cases, mounted intervals, or intervals
- Discover ways to resolve issues in internet analytics, social sciences, finance, and economics, via detailed examples